Saturday 14 December 2013

PNP: Leather Pencil Pouch


My boyfriend's birthday was last month, and one of the things I bought him was a sketchbook and some sketching pencils and an eraser. I didn't want to just wrap the pencils and eraser though, so I made him a leather pencil pouch to put them in.
I was inspired by this pouch over at Jenni Bick:
 

This is what I made:
(sorry about the first pic being a bit blurry, unfortunately, I don't have another one...)
I cut a rectangle out of a piece of dark brown leather, folded it and stitched up the sides, as you can see in the second picture. I softened the corners of the part that folds over and punched a hole on each side. I then cut two strips of a lighter brown leather, put them through the holes, wrapped them around the pouch and knotted them for closure.
 

He liked it, so I am happy :) Hope you like it too!

Love,
Birgit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment