Saturday 20 September 2014

CASE Study Challenge #209: Feathered Card


Hi there!

As I promised yesterday, here I am to show you guys the card I made for my parents' anniversary!

When I saw this week's CASE Study Challenge, I just loved the inspiration card and knew it was exactly the inspiration I needed for this card.


CASE Study Challenge #209


And this is my card. The brown textured layer is actually leftover wall paper, hah! I then added a few sequins - I don't know if it really shows in the picture, but there are also some underneath the sequins and they shine lightly through, which gives a lovely effect. The feathers are cut freehandedly from a sort of polyester mesh fabric, then tied together with sewing thread. The wreath on the inspiration photo inspired me to heart-shape the wire to add some hardness with the soft feathers.

Pumps and Needles: CASE Study Challenge #209 feather card


I hope they will like it! See you tomorrow for my Pinterest round-up! 

Love, 
Birgit



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the wallpaper background! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Michelle! I love your challenges!

      Delete