Saturday 29 November 2014

Burda Vintage Autumn/Winter 2014


Hi!

When I went to the local newspaper shop to pick up my copy of the latest Burdastyle issue, I saw that they had a special, Burda Vintage, with 12 patterns based on original Burda 50s patterns. I decided to buy it as I am a huge fan of 50s fashion, and I'm really happy that I did!

Although I sometimes liked the original better than the interpretation, there are enough patterns I love to make this buy worth it. Another lovely feature is the stories about the garments along with a beautiful vintage drawing of the original pattern that are shared and pictures of 50s style muses such as Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. They also provide styling tips for the garments.

I thought I'd share some of the garments that I really like.

This coat is super chic, especially in white.



How I love this romper with the overskirt, I already know which fabric I want to use for the romper, and the skirt is one of my favourite styles.



 This jacket is inspired by a classic Cristóbal Balenciaga silhouette.


 
A jumper that closes at the back, with a belt to accentuate the waist.



And the last one I wanted to share, a special occasion dress with bows. I think it's a stunning dress, although I'm not really sure about the fabric choice.



All images were found on burdastyle.com.

What do you think? Would you make any of the patterns in this issue?



No comments:

Post a Comment